Monday, March 26, 2012

UNM Art Museum Review

 While my expectations going into this museum were minimal because of all the exhibits I've been to recently for my art history class, this particular visit was very interesting and informative for me. I was expecting another trip to a museum where I would look at art, "appreciate" it, and move onto the next one. However, having a discussion group and literally talking about only one specific piece was awesome. It got me thinking about the other pieces in the exhibit and asking the same questions, but getting different answers. My favorite part of the trip was the Sugimoto works. I was so impressed with his work. I loved the black and white imaged shown, the way they're set up, so simplistic, so inventive, so genus. His work totally inspired me to continue to take B&W images, and keep using my film camera to further develop my talents, appreciation, and knowledge of photography. 

Overall, I was impressed with our visit. I was really intrigued with the images, and grew in further appreciation for the art of photography and the dedication that goes into each image, whether it be how it was developed or how the photographer took the image in the first place. I will be returning to the museum in the near future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment